We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Burgess Hill- Devil Dyke

Claire82 20 Apr 07:35  

Bike:

I'm just starting to cycle again after a year for being very lazy..... i'm wondering what the Burgess Hill- Devils Dyke ride is like. Are there many hills??

mattk 21 Apr 08:22  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Claire,

If you go onto google maps and search for devils dyke, press terrain at the top right - it'll give you a rough idea of the hill in the area...

It doesn't look too hilly tho!

My Latest Route: Feb 2010 National Cycle Network 15 NCN

pasabeograd 29 Jul 17:11  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm a regular, but not too athletic cyclist who's done Burgess Hill to Devil's Dyke a couple of times. There are two routes. One takes you almost to Brighton along the A27 before following the signs to Devil's Dyke. This is the one with the least hills. The second takes you up on the Fulking side of the hill. This was the first I tried and was pretty tough - but the views are excellent and the roads quieter.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Burgess Hill to Ashdown Forest Circular

pasabeograd 29 Jul 17:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Sorry - I meant A23 (not A27) in the previous post. Someone's posted that route on this excellent website - so take a look.

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Burgess Hill to Ashdown Forest Circular

paris2geneva 22 Jun 10:03  

Bike:

Hiya any1 up for big cycle at the wends-ideally 65-85 miles?! Let me know.. Andy

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.