We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Road bike routes through Derbyshire (Peak District) Scenic!

sgnm5 12 Mar 13:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, does anybody have any suggestions to any bike routes through the Peak Distict on roads? I began road riding recently and have cycled on roads that I know but have never ventured out of my comfort zone though I am keen to explore some more routes departing from Chesterfield and reeturning back to Chesterfield around the peak. Has anybody experienced any good rides and routes that they would advise taking? Thankyou

Beermonster 16 Mar 19:53  

Bike:

Have you tried taking the A619 to Bakewell, a nice ride through the Chatsworth estate into Bakewell. Pick up th A6, stop off at Rowsley theirs a great cafe there thats popular with cyclists. Into Matlock then out on the A632. Theirs a killer climb out of Matlock.
Good Luck
Beermonster

sgnm5 18 Mar 13:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Yes I tried that one recently, fantastic ride nice raod and bakewell is lovely may have to stop off at this cafe in Rowsley!Your right getting out of Matlock is horrendous, its either two dales, Matlock (Ashover Way) or Chatsworth (Baslow way)! Thankyou for your reply, much appreciated.

stewak 19 Nov 08:05  

Bike:

found a good webcam based in Monyash in the Peak District, for chekcing weather conditions, not far from Bakewell. http://www.peakdistrictwebcam.co.uk

galaway 13 Jul 09:45  

Bike:

have a few good rides in southderbshire and leicestershire border am retired but like a few hills often go on my own can email me for mor info iff you wish

C P Otato 01 Sep 15:48  

Bike:

Hi sgnm5, have you tried Ladybower reservoir towards Hathersage then Hope then its sign posted. I stick to the trail but there are plenty of challenging road hills to get the heart pumping and beautifull scenery

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.