We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

South Oxfordshire bikers?

FloraDora 14 Apr 07:32  

Bike:

Hi

I have signed up for a London to Paris charity challenge in September and recently started training in my local area. I'm always looking for new route inspiration and company on rides, so if anyone in the area fancies teaming up, drop me a line here!

Cheers

Cara

Trekker5 04 Jun 14:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Cara,
Hope the trainings going well,
I too am in training for part of a tour de france stage,If you fancy teaming up letme know I'm in Banbury.
What kind of distances are you covering?

Stuart

My Latest Route: May 2010 Banbury to Edgehill Hilly Loop

sillymoo 19 May 17:21  

Bike:

Hi Flora

I'm an avid south oxfordshire biker -love cycling all over the place and could be fun to share routes.

Angela
Chilton

planetzed 19 May 17:38  

Bike:

Hi Cara,

Where are you based. I'm in Abingdon and have been riding 72mile routes out to the Chilterns. I have been looking for company/inspiration on these rides- perhaps you would like to drop me a line and we'll see if anything gells. Been riding with Zappis out of Oxford on a Saturday recently- good group and rides for most abilities if you're interested.

Julian Smart.

juliansmart@virginmedia.com

Becs1972 29 Jun 09:09  

Bike:

Hello Cara,
Where are you based? I'm in Watchfield, near Faringdon.
I've also signed up for the London to Paris bike ride going on 21st September.
I've joined a couple of nice groups: Farcycles in Faringdon and Abingdon Freewheelers.
Farcycles meet every Saturday at 9am in Faringdon market square for a 40 - 50 miles ride, and Abingdon freewheelers meet for a Sunday ride around 9am, similar distance.
I also go training 4 times a week around the area and would be happy to join up?

Becs

FloraDora 29 Jun 09:12  

Bike:

Wow! I had forgotten all about this thread!

I did my L2P ride last Sept and completed it in 3.5 days - a truly fantastic experience!!!

Needless to say, work and other commitments have got in the way of my cycling since then, not helped by the fact that I've taken up running as well, so the bike is resting up in the shed!

I went out with Abingdon Freewheelers a few times and that was great, so I can totally recommend them.

Thanks to all for responding, apologies for not coming back to you, but I think my cycling days may be somewhat limited at the moment!

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.