We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycle track foraging

antiLorna 12 May 04:37  

Bike:

Just wondering if anyone would like to share their cycle track foraging finds? Theres an abundance of elderflowers and elderberries, brambles and wild rasperries to be had in summer. Id love to know more! Lx

dudley 12 May 05:06  

Bike:

My Profile
a number of years ago i was witness to a Muntjack Deer jumping in front of a car a few hundred yards ahead.
This was down in East Anglia.

Stopped and helped the motorist out - checked the car (big dents, but serviceable) and moved the dead deer into the hedge.

returned an hour later with car and trailer.

yum!

blackberries are always a winner as well!

I have a mind to spring a nettle soup on the family without telling them what it is. Never tried it before, but with all the new growth, i assume now is the time to pick?

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

antiLorna 12 May 11:34  

Bike:

Great stuff dudley! Ive always wanted to do that! We went for a quick forage today, but only came back with the standard dandelions and nettles, im not quite brave enough or knowledgeable enough to go for anything else! We did do a bit of plant, flower and tree identification. I know its a bit early on in the year for most goodies, but there must be something more around!

dudley 14 May 08:12  

Bike:

My Profile
plenty of wild garlic

look near, in and around bluebells
shady moist woodland

My Latest Route: Nov 2009 Forth Estuary Circular

glaw5 24 Oct 07:23  

Bike:

Hi antiLorna, how did you get on with your foraging?

It's something that I've been interested in the last year or so but never got around to exploring it properly.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.