indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||Barwell, Stokegolding, Stapleton Circuit|
|Distance : miles (km)||10.81 (17.40)|
|Posted By||Kev Raven|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|1. Start from Stanley St carpark Barwell, [George Ward Centre]
2. Turn Left onto High St.
3. At Red Lion Pub turn Left onto Barwell La. Continue strait on along footpath/cycleway.
4. Use underpass to cross under A47 Normandy Way (Hinckley Bypass), double back to right, up ramp turn left onto A47 shared footway/cycle track off of main road.
5. Continue straight on at traffic lights A447 Ashby road. [Pass McDonalds on left]
6. 1st Roundabout, take 3rd exit onto A47 Normandy Way [local features Morrissons, Milestone Pub, HALFORDS cycle centre on Sword Dri].
7. 2nd Roundabout, take 2nd exit onto A47 Normandy Way.
8. 3rd Roundabout, take 2nd exit onto A47 Dodwells Rd.
9. At canal bridge, leave road and follow towpath North for approx 2.4 miles
10. Look Out for Stoke Golding Boat Services on opposite bank, then exit onto Station Road Stoke Golding â€“ head East [Pubs in Stoke Golding â€“ George & Dragon & White Swan]
11. Turn Left onto High St, follow road around onto Stoke Lane, Dadlington [Dog & Hedgehog Pub to Left in village if required]
12. Go straight on at cross roads onto Stapleton Lane toward village of Stapleton
13. At Stapleton turn right onto Main St (A447 Ashby Road) TAKE CARE ON THIS BUSY ROAD DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OF FAST TRAFFIC.
14. Follow road around passing Nags Head Inn on Left, take next left, Stapleton Lane, Sign posted for Barwell.
15. Follow Road up to village centre, turn right at mini roundabout onto High St. [local features â€“ Various Takeaways, Co-op, local shops, Topps Pub & Blacksmith Arms]
16. Take 1st Left onto Stanley St [Finish at Starting point]
|Landmarks/Pubs for lunch/Sites to see?|
|Pubs in Barwell â€“ Queens Head, red Lion, Topps + Blacksmith Arms
Pubs en route â€“ Milestone on Hinckley bypass A47
Pubs in Stoke Golding â€“ George & Dragon + White Swan
Pubs in Dadlington â€“ Dog & Hedgehog
Pubs in Stapleton â€“ Nags Head
Cycle spares â€“ HALFORDS off Hinckley bypass A47
|Near By Cycle Shops|