indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||Beeston Colwick Ind Est With Link tp Riverside Path|
|Distance : miles (km)||7.56 (12.17)|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|A very straightforward route that I use for my commute. Very flat, with the exception of the odd bridge over the railway/canal.
1. Turn left out of Beeston railway station. Take first left to use the bike crossing over the road.
2. Follow signs for route 6 until you are at the junction for Hillside (just past the QMC & the bike bridge).
3. Follow signs for City Centre to go down Priory Street, onto Old Church Street, then onto Lenton Lane.
4. Instead of following the sign on Lenton Lane (just past the Red Cow) for City Centre/Castle Boulevard, go straight on and after a minute or so you come to the canal.
5. There is a bike rail down the steps to the canal. At the bottom, turn right.
6. Follow canal all the way along as it passes Castle Marina, Magistrates' Court, etc.
7. Eventually you will come to a point where you have to either change to the towpath on the other side of the canal to continue, or join the road. This brings you up by Virgin Active/Jury's Inn on London Road/Great Northern Close.
8. Double back on yourself onto pavement of London Road. Follow this towards Premier Inn/BBC.
9. Turn right onto City Link at Premier Inn and go straight on past NHS Direct. There is a cycle track here.
10. Follow track along City Link, bear right at the end past Heart FM onto Manvers Street.
11. Cross at pedestrian crossing (not a toucan) and go right, up and over the road as it crosses the railway.
12. Follow path all the way along. As long as you stay on the left-hand side of the road, there is a cycle path.
13. Not long after passing the Toby, at the junction of Colwick Loop Road & Mile End Road, follow sign for Colwick Industrial Estate.
14. Follow sign along. You will pass Hillary's Blinds, Simons Reeve, and Texaco.
15. Right after Armitage Pet Products, there is a signpost for Stoke Bardolph. Take this to continue via route along the river.
|Landmarks/Pubs for lunch/Sites to see?|
|Highfields Park, Castle Marina, Sainsbury's Castle Boulevard, Premier Inn, NHS Direct, Toby Carvery.
|Cycling Clubs located in this region|
|Mansfield Road Club|
|Velo Club Long Eaton|