indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||Borehamwood to Shenley and Bushey Loop|
|Distance : miles (km)||16.1 (25.91)|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|Undulating circular route from Borehamwood British Rail - good evening/training ride.
1. Right out of Borehamwood British Rail, down the main shopping street, and then left towards Shenley. Straight onto a longish hill.
2. Series of descents towards Shenley. Ignore the sign for 'Radlett' on the left, carry on through Shenley and Shenleybury.
3. Left on B556 - National S/L sections here - relatively flat through to Radlett.
4. Careful on the left turn into Watling St. Slight climb into Radlett, right at mini-roundabout signposted for Bushey.
5. Big climb here with a false flat just before the top. Then 50mph roads, poor surface, to A41 roundabout.
6. Careful at roundabout as A41 traffic does not slow.
7. Turn left onto 'The Avenue', signposted Bushey but not for large vehicles.
8. Slight right at the next T-junction, carry on through the roundabouts to hard right at the end of the road.
9. Long climb to junction with A411. Left at the top, only set of traffic lights on route.
10. Fast roads, mostly descending, back to Watling Street. Watch for A41 roundabout again. Climb into Elstree, take left filter.
11. Fast down Elstree Hill, right turn at junction at bottom.
12. Couple of undulating roads back to Borehamwood British Rail.
60 minute ride if you can do it without getting lost!
|Landmarks/Pubs for lunch/Sites to see?|
|Nice pubs all over the place! Lots of tube/train access en route in case of mechanical problems
|Cycling Clubs located in this region|
|Bishop's Stortford Cycling Club|
|Herts Cycling Club|
|South Herts Cyclists|
|Watford Velo Sport|