indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||Derby to Osgathorpe Loop|
|Distance : miles (km)||35.18 (56.62)|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|A great circular evening ride that can be combined with some excellent refreshment stops en-route.
* Begin by following the NCN route 6 to Elvaston Castle via Elvaston Castle and the riverside path.
* Then follow quiet roads to Shardlow and Castle Donnington.
* Next is good climb up to the Airport , now follow the East Midlands Airport Cycle routes turning right at the Airport Police Office to join the NCN route 15 through Diseworth
* Follow NCN route 15 until it rejoins the NCN route 6 at Belton
* Finally turn right just before Osgathorpe and follow the off road Cloud Trail (still NCN route 6) from Worthington back to Derby.
A lovely picturesque route rougly 50% off road with the remainder on-road sections being almost entirely on quiet lanes, the few busier roads used all have cycle lanes.
|Landmarks/Pubs for lunch/Sites to see?|
|Worthwhile diversions are to the Clock Warehouse Pub in Shardlow (good pie), Malt Shovel in Shardlow, Cross Keys in Donnington, Storey Arms in Osgathorpe, Bulls Head in Wilson, Crewe and Harpur at Swarkestone plus many others in between.
|Near By Cycle Shops|
|Derby - Wyvern Halfords|
|Cycling Clubs located in this region|
|Glossop Kinder Velo|
|Glossop Youth Mountain Bike Club|