indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||Erith to Rochester|
|Distance : miles (km)||21.32 (34.31)|
|Posted By||D Izod|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|This is a mixed route of on road and off road, cycle paths and grass/dirt tracks, riding from Erith to Rochester.
1. Cycle Path along Thames Road
2. Grass/Dirt Track along River Darenth to the River Thames, follow river path under Dartford Bridge, through Ingress Park
3. Grass/Dirt Track through Swanscombe Marshes to Manor Way (Route across marshes not clear)
4. From Manor Way to Lower Road continue past Fleet Stadium continue straight into Stonebridge Road / High Street (Short Climb)
5. From Stonebridge Road / High Street into London Road to Gravesend (cycle lane on main road)
6. Follow Gravesend one way system along Bath Street, downhill to West Street, then short climb up Crooked Lane / The Terrace to Gordon Promonade Park, and follow riverside path, through the park and Industrial area, to Wharf Road.
7. Follow Wharf Road (by railway/canal) past the Milton Range and Queens Head Farm to Canal Road (National Cycle Route 1)
8. Follow Canal Road (quiet road) to Lower Higham, take the Lower Rochester Road to Two Gates Hill Road (short climb) then cross into Bunters Hill Road downhill into Higham Road to Hoo Road
9. Cross into Wainscott Road (main road) climbs up to Findsbury Hill Road. Then follow Finsbury Hill Road downhill into North Street to Hoo High Street.
10. From the Hoo High Street cycle path across Rochester Bridge into the centre of Rochester
|Landmarks/Pubs for lunch/Sites to see?|
|1. Tri the bike shopâ€Ž - 18 Windmill Street, Gravesend, DA12 1ASâ€Ž - 01474 533 748â€Ž
2. Cycles UK Gravesendâ€Ž - 148 Milton Road, Gravesend, Kent DA12 2RGâ€Ž - 01474 333 090
3. Geoff Wiles Cycle Centre - 45-47 Cuxton Road - Rochester ME2 2BU - 01634 722 586 - www.geoffwiles.co.ukâ€Ž
4. Cycle King - 353-357 High Street - Rochester ME1 1DA - 01634 811 147