indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||Helensburgh - Kilcreggan - Coulort - Helensburgh (via Glen Fruin)|
|Distance : miles (km)||35.87 (57.73)|
|Posted By||C A|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|1. On the sea front cycle out past the Navy base into Garelochhead.
2. On passing through Garelochhead hang left (keeping the Gareloch on your left).
3. Stay on this road and it will wind down to the bottom of the peninsula.
4. Run through the town and then follow the road around. (Loch Long is now on your left).
5. At the roundabout at the entrance to Coulport go right working your way back toward helensburgh.
6. Straight across at the roundabout for the A814
7. Take the first exit on the A82 to Balloch
8. Soon on the left you will see Garelochead Training Area - opposite this is a bumpy track - take this keep going to till a road is reached (only 20m or so but stony and potholes).
9. This is the top of Glen Fruin and either way will take you to Helensburgh. Go Left and follow this road the length of the Glen.
10. At the T-Junction go right this will take you over a bridge.
11. On reaching the main road - go right (toward the 30mph signs).
12. Cycle to the bottom of the hill to be back on the seafront.
|Landmarks/Pubs for lunch/Sites to see?|
Green Kettle Inn