indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||Hetton Le Hole to Burdon Circular|
|Distance : miles (km)||9.68 (15.58)|
|Posted By||P Reed|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|Start at the car park at Hetton Lyons country park.
1. Follow the track around the park. At the end of the track turn left. Follow the track as it runs alongside at industrial estate.
2. To the end of the track turn left into Salters Lane.
3. Go along Salters Lane until you come to a right turn signposted Seaton. Turn right along the minor road and follow it to the village of Seaton.
Go through an estate until you come to the end of the road.
4. Turn left, after a 100 metres cross the road and go onto the track crossing the A19
5. 300 metres after crossing the A19 turn left at the track crossroads.
This section is quite difficult and requires care.
6. Follow the track through a farmyard and onto a minor road into the hamlet of Burdon. At the junction bear left.
7. At the end of the road turn left into Hangmans lane.
8. Climb up Hangmans Lane past the go-kart centre were it levels out.
9. At the crossroads go straight over into Salters lane.
10. Follow the lane past a farm until there is a track on the right at the edge of a wood.
11. Take this track follow it bearing left at the wind farm and and through a farm yard reaching Downs Pit Lane.
12. Go down alongside the quarry turning left into Hetton Lyons country park where you began
|Cycling Clubs located in this region|
|Gosforth Road Club|
|Health Cycling Group|
|Newcastle Mountain Bike Club|
|North Tyneside Riders|
|Stealth Cycling Club|
|Sunderland Bike Club|
|Trail Trekers Cycle Club|
|Wearside Family Cycling Group|