indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||Nailsea To Pill|
|Distance : miles (km)||11.71 (18.85)|
|Posted By||M Thompson|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|1) Start in Nailsea Park, after gathering vital supplies form Tesco :)
2) Head out of the town down Lodge Lane and follow the road until u meet the railway bridge and the cycle path on its left.
3) Follow the cycle path to Flax Bourton.
4) Travel along the Old Weston Road into Long Ashton
5) Ride through Long Ashton right to the end of the main road where you come across the main entrance to the Long Ashton Estate.
6) Ride into the estate and up the hill passing the main house
7) Ride down the opposite side of the hill past the University Buildings on your right and exit the estate.
8) Take a left and follow the main road past the cricket club.
9) Look out for a pathway (maybe hidden) which head towards the river Avon
10) follow the path round and cross the railway bridge with a bike ramp.
11) You end up in a open area overlooking the River. Take a left and follow the river cycle path all the way round to the outskirts of Pill
12) As you come towards the outskirts you will lose the railway and begin to lose the river.
13) Continue along the path until you reach a old fishing pond. Follow the road up the hill to the right of it.
14) Pass the hopistal and continue into the town.
15) Take a right after the cricket club and look out for the pub - the end stop (well, actually, midway point if you have to ride back XD )
|Landmarks/Pubs for lunch/Sites to see?|
|Long Ashton Estate
Loads of Railways and trains going past
Clifton suspension Bridge
Disused police shooting ranges
another train :)
Loads of boats going along the River Avon
Old Gunpowder storage house
Two cricket clubs
A Tescos at the start
Old Victorian Pond
And the EPIC Pub at the end
|Cycling Clubs located in this region|
|Shipham Mountain Bike|
|Somerset Road Club|