indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||Peak District Classic Off Road 30 Mile Circular|
|Distance : miles (km)||29.41 (47.33)|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|My own offroad take on several classic peak district descents - mountain bikes only (altough a few locals will try Cx'ers !!).
A nice warm up on flat terrain before the climbing begins. The descents aren't all shown but are :-
1) Bradwell Edge - note there is a gate 1/2 way down and this is a bridleway !
2) Cavedale - quite tricky and very slippery when wet.
3) Hope cross or 'the beast' will seem pretty straight forward if you made it down Cavedale !
4) 'Potatoe Alley' Blackley Hey - lot's of loose rocks that are more likely to ding your bike parts than pose much difficulty ;-)
5) Off Whinstone Lee tor - the route shown has some wicked hairpins on it and is neither bridleway or footpath as it does not have official status. An alternative here is ther more classic undulating East bound route to cut throat bridge and then back S/West to the Ladybower inn.
Plenty of pubs and places to stop for food & drink. Notably Hope itself, the visitor centre at Fairholmes and off course the Ladybower Inn only 5 mins walk from the Start/Finish. Enjoy.
|Landmarks/Pubs for lunch/Sites to see?|
|It's the Peaks - there is an awful lot to see on a clear day. If it's reasonably dry, Cavedale is not to be missed !
|Cycling Clubs located in this region|
|Glossop Kinder Velo|
|Glossop Youth Mountain Bike Club|