indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||West Linton Circuit|
|Distance : miles (km)||34.31 (55.22)|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|1. Start out from your chosen position in Edinburgh and head south through Tollcross, Bruntsfield and Morningside then carry on south on the A702.
2. Go over the motorway bridge and carry on along the A702 signposted Carlisle.
3. After the garage, get into the right hand lane as this is a funny junction and you don't want to drop down into Penicuik. You might want to get off your bike, depending on how you are with riding in traffic.
4. Now it's a great run all the way out to West Linton, with the Pentlands on your right. The A702 is very busy and you do get big trucks etc so take extra care and be wary of all traffic on this section.
5. At West Linton take a right just before the Pub and go through the very nice little village (a good stop for pubs if you're touring!) and carry on along this road (B7059) out of the village.
6. Turn left at the 'T' junction and head back to Penicuik on the A701.
7. Go through Penicuik, turn second right at the big roundabout and carry on the A701, remembering to branch left on to Seafield Moor road.
8. Now you should be back at the funny junction mentioned erlier (again, take care) and you can just follow the A702 back into Edinburgh.
|Landmarks/Pubs for lunch/Sites to see?|
|As mentioned West Linton is a lovely village and I hear there's a good farm shop there (though I didn't find it) so maybe take a bag big enough to take your tea home in!)