indicates every 2 miles
|Cycle Route Details|
|Route Name||Whiteadder to Duns Circular|
|Distance : miles (km)||29.51 (47.49)|
|(login and provide your weight for more accurate calories burned)|
|This is a really nice, scenic and quiet on-road route. A few short steep climbs, but not too hilly. Mostly good tarmac suitable for road bikes.
1. Start from one of the fisherman's car parks by the Whiteadder Reservoir.
2. Head NW on B6355 to do a counter clockwise loop.
3. Turn left onto the unmarked road heading SE towards Duns via Longformacus.
4. Past Duns Golf club, turn left at T-junc onto A6105 to Duns.
5. In Duns, bear left onto Teindhill Green and continue onto Preston Rd (A6112).
6. Turn left onto B6365.
7. Left onto B6355 and continue on this road until returning to Whiteadder Reservoir and the start.
Total dist 30 miles approx. Allow approx 2 hours. There's nothing much in the way of shops on route except maybe in Duns.
So, take provisions.
|Landmarks/Pubs for lunch/Sites to see?|
|Duns Golf Club, Whiteadder Reservoir
|posted by:Ross||Rating :||difficult :|
|The roads are very quiet and you get some stunning views. Be ready to deal with rolling hills some of which are rather steep. It also tends to be windy as you are so high up. |