We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Boardman Hybrid back wheel problem

1 2 3 > >>
geeka 21 Feb 09:41  

Bike:

My Profile
hi guys,

ive got a boardman hybrid and the back wheel is wobling from side to side and catching the frame, took it to halfords and they said i need a new back wheel due to it being a sealed unit and the balbearings coming loose. Does anyone else have any issues like this or are they taking rubbish. any ideas?

cheers

guitarpete247 22 Feb 05:03  

Bike:

My Profile
From your other post it doesn't seem that you use the bike for commuting so you should be willing to have bike off road for a little time. Try the Bicycle tutor site http://bicycletutor.com/overhaul-wheel-bearings/ and see how easy it is. You will need a couple of good spanners and 2 cone spanners, the ball bearings and grease. If you have only just noticed this you may be lucky and have caught it before any damage is done. If not and you have damaged the cups (the bearing surface in the wheel hub) then it may be a new wheel is the cheapest option.
The only difficulty you should have is getting the correct tension on the cones (the adjustable bearing surface on the axle), that is just trial and error. If it is too loose tighten it a little. If it feels like there is grit in the bearing slacken it off a tadge.
Watch out for it being overtight when you put it back in with q/r nipping it up a little bit more.

I've always done my own maintainance except wheelbuilding so I'm always wary when someone, sucks in through teeth and says "Need a new one mate". Check it yourself first.

As with your chain prob you may need a new cassette and I'd use an LBS rather than halfords for that anyway.
If you don't feel confident with the wheelbearing as them for a 2nd opinion.

My Latest Route: Apr 2011 Newton Burgoland Circular via Fenny Drayton and Bosworth

guitarpete247 22 Feb 05:33  

Bike:

My Profile
If it turns out that the wheel does have a sealed bearing go for a relacement wheel that doesn't. Much easier and cheaper to regrease and maintain a regular hub than replace wheel or have wheel rebuilt around new hub.

My Latest Route: Apr 2011 Newton Burgoland Circular via Fenny Drayton and Bosworth

leelee 16 May 18:39  

Bike:

My Profile
your cones are loose the two nuts on each side of the wheel 15mm spaner and a 17 mm spanner the 17mm stops the 15mm from moving titen up one side not the cog side till stop moving not to tight as is like riding with brakes on if loose for long time may be knackerd good luck happy cyclin

seomind 28 Nov 13:32  

Bike:

My Profile
It's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information. Scam Risk

seomind 28 Nov 13:36  

Bike:

My Profile
Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. Scam Risk

seomind 28 Nov 13:41  

Bike:

My Profile
There's no doubt i would fully rate it after i read what is the idea about this article. You did a nice job.. Scam Risk

seomind 28 Nov 13:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Really impressive post. I read it whole and going to share it with my social circules. I enjoyed your article and planning to rewrite it on my own blog. Scam Risk

seomind 28 Nov 13:54  

Bike:

My Profile
I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site Scam Risk

seomind 28 Nov 13:59  

Bike:

My Profile
I enjoy it for creating the details, keep up the truly amazing perform continuing Scam Risk

seomind 28 Nov 14:04  

Bike:

My Profile
Thank you so much for ding the impressive job here, everyone will surely like your post. Scam Risk

seomind 28 Nov 14:10  

Bike:

My Profile
Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. Scam Risk

seomind 28 Nov 14:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Scam Risk

walaim Henry 12 Mar 23:42  

Bike:

My Profile
[url=googl.com]Google[/url]
abc
https://www.google.com

mrseod 10 May 12:12  

Bike:

My Profile
You completed certain reliable points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog. AirBit Club Review

mrseod 10 May 12:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. AirBit Club Review

mrseod 10 May 12:21  

Bike:

My Profile
Wow what a Great Information about World Day its exceptionally pleasant educational post. a debt of gratitude is in order for the post. AirBit Club Review

mrseod 10 May 12:24  

Bike:

My Profile
I'm happy to see the considerable subtle element here!. Trident Crypto Review

mrseod 10 May 12:28  

Bike:

My Profile
A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one Trident Crypto Review

mrseod 10 May 12:31  

Bike:

My Profile
I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. Trident Crypto Review

mrseod 10 May 12:34  

Bike:

My Profile
I quite like reading an article that can make people think. Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment! Mind Capital Review

mrseod 10 May 12:39  

Bike:

My Profile
We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work Mind Capital Review

mrseod 10 May 12:41  

Bike:

My Profile
I surely acquiring more difficulties from each surprisingly more little bit of it Mind Capital Review

mrseod 10 May 12:46  

Bike:

My Profile
It should be noted that whilst ordering papers for sale at paper writing service, you can get unkind attitude. In case you feel that the bureau is trying to cheat you, don't buy term paper from it. NeoLife Review

rehousingindia 03 Jul 07:33  

Bike:

My Profile
Get the Bike transport from Delhi to Bangalore. The company provide the moving services in your budget.

grewaltransportservice 04 Jul 08:00  

Bike:

My Profile
The Advantages of Hiring Car Movers and Packers in Bangalore

In today's fast-paced world, hiring Car Movers and Packers in Bangalore offers several advantages. They ensure the safe and efficient transportation of your vehicle, save you time and effort, provide insurance coverage, and offer convenience during the relocation process. Trust the experts for a stress-free car transportation experience!

grewaltransportservice 05 Jul 07:27  

Bike:

My Profile
Choosing the Best Car Movers and Packers in Delhi : A Quick Guide

Selecting the right Car Movers and Packers in Delhi can ensure a smooth and hassle-free transportation experience for your vehicle. Consider factors such as reputation, experience, insurance coverage, and customer reviews. Check if they offer specialized services for your vehicle type and if they adhere to safety protocols. With careful evaluation, you can make an informed decision and entrust your car to the best professionals in Delhi.

rehousingindia 07 Jul 07:38  

Bike:

My Profile
You only need to look at your options and their credentials to hire the moving company that best suits your requirements and moves your belongings, like packers and movers companies in Gurgaon.

reloaddigitalindia 07 Jul 08:16  

Bike:

If you are interested in Digital Marketing, then you can choose the best digital marketing institute in Gurgaon to grow your career in the Digital Marketing field.

grewaltransportservice 12 Jul 06:57  

Bike:

My Profile
The Role of Two-Wheeler Courier Services

In the present speedy world, effective and solid messenger Services assume an essential part in working with the consistent development of products? Two wheeler courier services in Faridabad have emerged as a crucial part of the logistics industry among the various transportation options.

123>>>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.