We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

1st time 100 mile route ideas!

fixed up 11 Jul 18:32  

Bike:

Hi, Advice please.

Have been cycling 1 1/2 years covered 3500 miles give or take...

Longest ride 74 miles on sportive (was 68m but got lost DOH) would now like to do fairly flat 100 miles for the first time. I am based in Sittingbourne, Kent. Looking for ideas on possible routes?

jnash36685 29 Aug 09:09  

Bike:

Reading to Bristol on the kennet and avon canal path although i would advise leaving the canal at Devizes and rejoining at Marsh Beenham , apart from the bit just mentioned which is on cycle route 4 the rest of the way is either on a disused railway line ( Bristol to Bath section)and then canal tow path. Took us 10 hours total cycling time at an average 10mph , thoroughy enjoyed it.

jnash36685 29 Aug 09:09  

Bike:

Reading to Bristol on the kennet and avon canal path although i would advise leaving the canal at Devizes and rejoining at Marsh Beenham , apart from the bit just mentioned which is on cycle route 4 the rest of the way is either on a disused railway line ( Bristol to Bath section)and then canal tow path. Took us 10 hours total cycling time at an average 10mph , thoroughy enjoyed it.

jack00 21 Apr 06:38  

Bike:

My Profile
The type of vehicle you drive will play a significant role in determining the shocks you need. Different types of vehicles have different suspension requirements, and shocks that work well on a sports car may not be suitable for a pickup truck. https://shocksguide.com/best-shocks-for-4x4-trucks/

Leahyan 01 Oct 08:00  

Bike:

My Profile
For a 100-mile flat route in Sittingbourne, Kent, consider exploring the countryside towards the coast. The coastal paths offer scenic views and relatively flat terrain. You could plan a circular route that takes you through towns like Faversham, Whitstable, and Herne Bay, returning to Sittingbourne. Alternatively, you might consider heading towards the North Downs, where you can find rolling hills and picturesque landscapes. Remember to PhD dissertation services plan your route carefully, taking into account factors like rest stops, water refills, and potential traffic.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.