We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

LEJOG route for non- stop cycle - Page 2

1 2
rich87 22 Mar 12:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi All,

I'm planning on cycling solo from Lands End to John O'Groats in May 2011 non- stop.

Training is going well, but having a bit of trouble planning the route. I'm basically looking for the shortest and flattest route I can find to get between the two points as fast as possible.

Obviously the route planning needs to be really detailed so I know where all the lay- bys in the roads are and where I'll be able to temporarily stop and meet the support car etc. It would also be good to be able to work out where the inclines/ declines are so that I'm able to plan where I'm going to be at certain times - I'd like to try to avoid the roads closest to the towns/ cities when they are busiest so I'll need to plan what time I'll start the ride to do this.

Does anyone know if the routes used by others on a similar LEJOG cycle are available from anywhere? Or failing this what the best resources would be for me to put my own route together?

I've noticed the roads around Glasgow go pretty close to the city, is there any way around this if I want a short fast route?

Finally, I always assumed with the prevailing winds that it would be best to start from Lands End, however I've noticed a number of people recently starting from John O'Groats. Are there any other advantages from starting at one end over the other? I'd prefer to start at John O'Groats and get the Scottish Highlands out the way at the beginning, but had always been told Lands End would be a better starting point.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

If you're interested in what I'm doing you can follow me at www.richardwestover.com

Cheers,

Rich

mrseod 09 Aug 11:14  

Bike:

My Profile
I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all,.. BAM University

mrseod 09 Aug 11:25  

Bike:

My Profile
Very informative post ! There is a lot of information here that can help any business get started with a successful social networking campaign ! BAM University

mrseod 09 Aug 11:34  

Bike:

My Profile
I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! BAM University

mrseod 09 Aug 11:37  

Bike:

My Profile
Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. BAM University

OKBet 04 Sep 03:46  

Bike:

My Profile
We have a site for sports games. You must be interested. free online blackjack with other players

atlas77 05 Oct 06:41  

Bike:

I don't know much about the route so I'm looking forward to receiving some information about it.
Meanwhile, please check out my site: cara main slot

seoexpert21 30 Nov 07:05  

Bike:

My Profile
I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! band 7 nhs take home pay

Fancy2020 27 Dec 08:42  

Bike: Mingdun 29'

My Profile
good post, keep it up

colorgame 14 Jan 23:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Ikaw ay tunay na talentado sa pagsusulat, at inaabangan ko ang lahat ng iyong mga gawa. online tong its
pula puti

adoroshoes 13 Mar 05:32  

Bike:

My Profile

Shop the latest collection of casual shoes for men at Adoro. Find the perfect pair to elevate your style and comfort.

afrozeh 14 Mar 03:21  

Bike:

My Profile
Explore a new level of luxury with our beautiful chiffon dresses from Afrozeh. Chiffon dresses, which are famous for looking bright and sunshine, add a touch of beauty to any occasion.

ECS 14 Mar 03:24  

Bike:

My Profile
Discover ECS's exquisite wallets for women. Elevate your style with our chic designs and quality craftsmanship. Shop now for the perfect accessory!

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.