We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Cycling in Winchester

Artefactoid 12 May 05:43  

Bike:

Hello, Just some advice needed really. Our offices are moving to Winchester and, looking at the map, I had assumed I'd be able to cycle the 1 1/2 miles from the station with ease. BUT having visited it seems to be on a hill. A long, unending hill. Oh dear.

The offices are County Council ones at the top of Romsey Road. Just wondered if there were any 'magic' routes that would at least involve a series of steep climbs with levels in between for me to catch my breath. Seeing as I am used to Portsmouth flatness (& my celebrity lookalike would be Mrs Potato Head) am I mad to even consider it?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

(reposted to get in correct forum, apologies for duplication)

beninem 13 May 15:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Hey,

Not too sure if this'll be any help but have a look on 'Map My Ride' I use it quite a bit to look up routes that I'm going to plan/do, type in Winchester & you'll have a long list of routes that have been up-loaded by users, have a browse through & I'm sure you'll find some to your liking.

regards

Ben Wallis

Artefactoid 13 May 17:35  

Bike:

Wow, Map my Ride is ace. Thanks so much for the tip.

Some routes do include the stretch I need to cover but those people are hardcore and apparently the hill is only a Grade 5 climb. So that's all right then (?) BUt there were at least a couple of routes that looked as though they had level sections for recovery. Will have to test ride it I guess.

JamesEstrada90 08 Jul 02:48  

Bike:

Cycling in Winchester offers a delightful way to explore the picturesque countryside and historic sites. Whether you’re cruising through the serene streets or taking on scenic trails, it's a refreshing experience. If you’re planning a group outing or team-building event, consider how you might spread some holiday cheer with these corporate christmas party entertainment ideas.

kexega 19 Jul 04:38  

Bike:

These special items appear randomly throughout the game and can provide various advantages such as invincibility or speed boost for a limited time on slope 3 free.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.