We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Kennet & Avon Canal - Devizes to Marsh Benham stretch

stec00 07 May 04:54  

Bike:

I'm planning to cycle from Bath to Newbury where I work and stay during the week.

Maybe on Sunday...

Have just been reading a couple of posts on this forum and am undecided on whether to follow the official recommended route along the roads (National Cycle Route 4) after Devizes or go along the canal, which apparently is possible but may be a bit hairy.

Has anyone on this forum done one or the other or both?

I guess the roads may be a better option after today's rain but am intrigued as to whether the canal might be simpler (less chance of getting lost) and possibly faster. Or would it be slower because of the poor condition of the towpath... can anyone answer?!

Grateful for any replies!
(and also if anyone knows how long the total trip's likely to take, allowing time for lunch & possibly getting lost...)

Cheers
Steve

Lazywheels 15 Jul 13:20  

Bike:

I am also really interested in this stretch. Wanting to go Reading to Bath over 3 days but not particularly fit and only just realised that the tow path of the Kennet and Avon Canal was not suitable for the whole journey. Is the National Cycle Route 4 through the Vale of Pewsey Valley very challenging as Komoot app suggests its an expert bike ride?! Is the tow path all the way really a no go for a hybrid?

iampriyanka 17 Jul 02:13  

Bike:

My Profile
Moreover, all photographs are 100% precise and genuine so when you, at last, meet the call young lady she will not baffle you in any case. To go out with her, our Call Girls Service in Bangalore intimately acquainted with Bangalore and Bangalore is where anybody needs to the interface, somebody came here for their expert work, somebody come for a visit and somebody came getting suggestive with all Bangalore accompanies.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.