We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Leeds to Edinburg

1 2 >
no_pro 28 Feb 14:36  

Bike:

Hi.

I was wondering if anybody knows of a good route from leeds to ed.

Looking to do this over the easter break and taking 5 days or so.

First time I will attempt a multi day ride. We are thinking of heading out from the East Coast and up through Newcastle etc to avoid the A1.

Any route ideas would be great!

Ta

txbnet 03 Mar 01:22  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi I have no experience of cycling routes around Leeds, but the NCR 1 goes up the East Coast and I've used it in reverse from Whitley Bay to Scarborough, and I've followed the Coast and Castles route from Edinburgh to Tynemouth (9 miles along the Tyne from Newcastle).

You could head for Hartlepool day one about 75 miles mainly gentle downhills, and pick up the NCR1.

From there, the NCR1 hugs the coastline most of the way and you could do another 70 miles to Warkworth or Alnmouth by the end of day 2 both nice Northumbrian villages where there are bars, eating places and b&bs.

The Coast and Castles route then takes you mainly off road to Berwick, then west to Kelso which you could manage in a further day and is a lovely ride if you follow the blue NCR1 signs and don't take the busy road (60 miles). Kelso has some great stop over deals, we got twin rooms and breakfast for around £25 each with safe bike storage.

The ride from Kelso to Edinburgh (70 miles) is quite challenging but magnificent in its scenery. One hill in the Moorfoots from Innerleithen (good lunch stop) makes you feel like you're going across the top of the world with fantastic views for miles and miles.

So I'd go for four days, three nights out and enjoy!

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Whitley Bay to Bellingham

tweets72 03 Mar 02:42  

Bike:

Hi,

Take a look on www.sustrans.org.uk - you should be able to download a map of the National Cycle Network which may give you an idea of the best routes to take.

Good Luck - will be a wicked ride!

Tracey

no_pro 03 Mar 14:48  

Bike:

Thanks Tracey and txbnet............ Some great tips..

Hopefully the sun will be shining and I can let you know how it went!

Cheers

Fadi

cyclops king 16 Mar 18:21  

Bike:

Hi Guys

Were also thinking of doing the Leeds to Edinburgh Route. so far we seem to have established we need route 636 to Route 66 to Route 164. Which then takes you to NCR 1 and should take us all the way to Edinburgh is this correct?

However we're all new to cycling long distance and dont really understand cycling routes. We need to know if the cycling routes are well sign posted or if were going to get lost every corner we turn. If anyone can share any knowledge about cycle routes an sign postage or recommended books that will help us map this perfectly please do.

We're not intending to do this until the summer but were desperate to get things organised.

Thanks

Cyclopse King
AKA Matthew Toothill

faulknernolan 27 Apr 06:19  

Bike:

Useful lessons. Thank you for sharing Fall guys

hhair 05 Aug 03:15  

Bike:

The content of the framed 2 is very easy to understand for a beginner like me. I will certainly find waffle game out more information from the web related to the article. Thank you

gegegerianian 03 Dec 12:57  

Bike:

Hey people! We believe in quality and commitment which makes us so different from our competitors and thus always keeps our customers satisfied. Our [url=https://drmental.org/amwell-review]AmWell Counseling Review [/url] company deal in avariety of therapy topics such asScience,History,Literature, Sociology and etc.

seomind 29 Jan 05:29  

Bike:

My Profile
The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it should be, thanks for sharing this with us. Lurn Reviews

seomind 29 Jan 05:32  

Bike:

My Profile
Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. Lurn Reviews

seomind 29 Jan 05:36  

Bike:

My Profile
Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. Lurn Reviews

seomind 29 Jan 05:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Thumbs up guys your doing a really good job. Effective Communication: What Is It & Skills To Improve On

seomind 29 Jan 05:42  

Bike:

My Profile
I am a new user of this site so here i saw multiple articles and posts posted by this site,I curious more interest in some of them hope you will give more information on this topics in your next articles. Effective Communication: What Is It & Skills To Improve On

marry james 31 Jan 21:49  

Bike:

The website receives careful maintenance and is kept as up-to-date as possible. As it should be, I appreciate you letting us in on this information run 3

mrseod 06 Jun 03:10  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi buddies, it is great written piece entirely defined, continue the good work constantly. Super Affiliate System Review

mrseod 06 Jun 03:20  

Bike:

My Profile
You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant! Scam Risk

mrseod 06 Jun 03:26  

Bike:

My Profile
I need to to thank you for this very good read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new things you post… Scam Risk

mrseod 06 Jun 03:29  

Bike:

My Profile
If it's not too much trouble share more like that. Scam Risk

mrseod 06 Jun 03:32  

Bike:

My Profile
I wish more writers of this sort of substance would take the time you did to explore and compose so well. I am exceptionally awed with your vision and knowledge. Remote Closing Academy Review

mrseod 06 Jun 03:37  

Bike:

My Profile
I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics , i will be always checking your blog thanks Digital Doctor Review

mrseod 06 Jun 03:40  

Bike:

My Profile
I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. Digital Doctor Review

mrseod 06 Jun 03:43  

Bike:

My Profile
First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics, i will be always checking your blog thanks. Digital Doctor Review

mrseod 06 Jun 03:49  

Bike:

My Profile
so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. Digital Doctor Review

mrseod 06 Jun 03:55  

Bike:

My Profile
Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Digital Doctor Review

ahsanrashid 27 Dec 01:29  

Bike:

My Profile
i am seeing new dress for girls

adoroshoes 27 Dec 03:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Searching for the ideal mini bag? View our selection of chic and useful little bags that are fit for any circumstance. Choose your new go-to accessory right now.

ECS 27 Dec 05:05  

Bike:

My Profile
ECS is presenting the best women heels shoes collections online in Pakistan. Our heels for females are trendy and premium quality products. We also offer the best design for women's heels shoes online, which are exclusively the best quality products.

Servis 27 Dec 06:42  

Bike:

My Profile
Get the best quality casual shoes for men online in Pakistan. Servis provides wide range of casual shoes online in all over Pakistan. So, order your favorite shoes at low prices.

houseofflowers 28 Dec 04:06  

Bike:

My Profile
Celebrate birthdays with a perfect blend of sweetness and beauty. The best way to let your loved ones know how much you care is with our birthday gift bouquet of flowers and cupcakes. Give them a gorgeous bouquet of fresh flowers and some deliciously delectable cupcakes to make their special day even more unforgettable. Get now to add even more personal touches to birthdays!

Shahtaj 28 Dec 04:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Shop for the latest semi formal dresses Pakistani by Shahtaj Qaiser. We have gained immense popularity worldwide for semi formal dresses. We offer various fabrics such as cotton, silk, net, and chiffon in different styles, colors, and designs. Buy your favorite dress online today!

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.