We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Newcastle to Manchester route? Anyone done it?

1 2 >
jennifer 15 Oct 08:08  

Bike:

Hi,

I've recently done the Berwick to Newcastle ride - coast and castles over a weekend, very enjoyable 91 miles. I'm keen to cycle from Newcastle to Manchester - possibly doing newcastle to York and then the York to Manchester route? I think this is 3 days of 60 miles, which is about my capability!

Has anyone done this before? any advice? And would December be too crazy a time of year to do it?

Jennifer

A Nutter 13 Aug 07:12  

Bike:

My Profile
December maybe crazy, but look outside today in August, its bucketing down!
I live in Sunderland and would be interested in this route due to having family in Manchester.
Will look into it and post back with more information!

stonge99 08 Oct 17:52  

Bike:

I've been looking into cycling from home (Seaham/Sunderland) to a friends in Sandbach (just south of Manchester) in a day. Its about 150 miles, so a real long one, but possible i would imagine. I had a route planned via Richmond, the yorkshire dales, Rochdale and Manchester. Anyone fancy it?

gym.123 05 Jun 15:26  

Bike:

Hi
I'm planning on cycling from Manchester to Sunderland in early July. Anybody got any useful route knowledge and tips would be very helpful

Thanks

Syd

txbnet 06 Jun 05:39  

Bike:

My Profile
I love doing long distance rides, I'm male, 55 and reasonably fit. I've managed 125 in a day, but prefer to keep the upper limit to between 90 and 100 miles per day. From my experience, the problem with attempting a long ride in December is not necessarily the weather but the short days. You may be faced with only around 7 hours of proper daylight, and given that you would at least need two refreshments breaks, that really limits your range if you're pedaling along at 10 to 12 mph. You don't want to be on busy roads when the light starts to fail. Yes you can purchase decent bike light sets, but much better to travel in full daylight so some dozy commuter doesn't clip you from behind.

Also many of the off road tracks will simply be unavailable as they tend to churn up after heavy rains and turn to mud around that time. There would of course be no street light on off road tracks.

My winter cycling days are limited to local circular rides of around 50/60 miles.

I'd go no later than September/ no earlier than April and enjoy your ride with no pressure of daylight fading.

Good luck!

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Whitley Bay to Bellingham

seomind 29 Nov 13:08  

Bike:

My Profile
Well, this got me thinking what other workouts are good for those of us who find ourselves on the road or have limited equipment options. Scam Risk

seomind 29 Nov 13:12  

Bike:

My Profile
I have checked this link this is really important for the people to get benefit from. Scam Risk

seomind 29 Nov 13:20  

Bike:

My Profile
Very nice article, I enjoyed reading your post, very nice share, I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks!. Scam Risk

seomind 29 Nov 13:25  

Bike:

My Profile
This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. Scam Risk

seomind 29 Nov 13:25  

Bike:

My Profile
wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. Scam Risk

seomind 29 Nov 13:29  

Bike:

My Profile
I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting. Thank you! Scam Risk

seomind 29 Nov 13:34  

Bike:

My Profile
Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Scam Risk

seomind 29 Nov 13:38  

Bike:

My Profile
I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. Scam Risk

jack00 29 Mar 13:39  

Bike:

My Profile
Another option to consider is a handheld showerhead. Handheld shower heads give you the convenience of controlling the direction and pressure of the water with one hand, so you get a more tailored shower experience. You can also move the shower head around the shower to get the exact angle and pressure you need for a more effective shower. https://showerheadwave.com/best-suction-shower-head-holder/

mrseod 10 May 10:46  

Bike:

My Profile
A great website with interesting and unique material what else would you need. FREELIFE REVIEW

mrseod 10 May 10:50  

Bike:

My Profile
Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. FREELIFE REVIEW

mrseod 10 May 10:57  

Bike:

My Profile
Its as if you had a great grasp on the subject matter, but you forgot to include your readers. Perhaps you should think about this from more than one angle. USI Tech Review

mrseod 10 May 11:00  

Bike:

My Profile
This website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up! USI Tech Review

mrseod 10 May 11:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. Royaltie Review

mrseod 10 May 11:03  

Bike:

My Profile
They're produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You'll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women. USI Tech Review

mrseod 10 May 11:03  

Bike:

My Profile
They're produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You'll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women. USI Tech Review

mrseod 10 May 11:06  

Bike:

My Profile
It is extremely nice to see the greatest details presented in an easy and understanding manner. Tocara Review

mrseod 10 May 11:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and new initiatives in the same niche. Blog gave us useful information to work. You have done an amazing job! Tocara Review

mrseod 10 May 11:09  

Bike:

My Profile
We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work Tocara Review

socialmedia112 22 Jan 05:04  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks to its user-friendly interface, edcloud simplifies access to a wide range of resources for educators, students, and administrators.

socialmedia112 23 Sep 09:42  

Bike:

My Profile
With a broad range of articles, frdl.to wrong ip provides a comprehensive collection of content. Its simple, easy-to-navigate layout and thoughtful design prioritize the user experience when creating the website.

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.