We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Safe route Kensington to Richmond Park?

1 2 >
wakeby 07 Aug 08:11  

Bike:

I'm a cyclist from the US, will be staying in Kensington this fall. Can anyone suggest a route from the Kensington Close Hotel to the Roehampton Gate at Richmond Park? I was hoping to be able to ride this route and then meet up with the Serpentine club group ride that starts from the Roehampton Gate on Sunday mornings.

I used Google maps for a walking route, but I don't know if that route would be the best and the safest. Also searching this site and others for cycle friendly roads.

Otherwise looking for a good loop starting from Kensington near my hotel....50-100K. Dates available: Oct 24, 25, 26 2009 if there was a group going out. Riding a folding travel road bike, a bit slower bike, can maintain 25K/H pace.

Thanks for your help. I just don't want to get lost or caught up in an unsafe traffic situation.

Paul from Cape Cod

Brocky 12 Aug 05:35  

Bike:

For Kensington to Richmond Park, the trip will be in two distinct chunks: the on-road section from Kensington to Putney Bridge down King's Road; and the (mostly) off-road section from Putney Bridge to Richmond Park.

The King's Road section will be quite busy but it is central London. However, the traffic is slow moving and there is a dedicated on-road cycle lane for most of the way. You should be fine.

Once you cross Putney Bridge to the south side of the river, head west along the Thames-side road. The road turns into a cycle / foot path with cycle route signs to Richmond Park. The cycle route signs are little blue squares. They are quite easy to miss initially, but once you get used to spotting them it's OK.

In addition to Google Maps, take a look at the cycle route planner on the Transport for London website too.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/cycling/11598.aspx

Have fun.

pollyb 21 Aug 11:35  

Bike:

Hi Paul

I travel from the other side of Richmond Park (Kingston) to Baker Street (a bit further on than Kensington). An alternative might be to ride along Hyde Park then along High Street Kensington (which can be quite busy, but you aren't going to find a completely off-road route) to Hammersmith. Hammersmith Broadway is quite busy (but there are cycle lanes) and across Hammersmith Bridge, then along the River Thames (either by the towpath by the side of the river or along Lonsdale Road which is quite quiet) to Mortlake Green. From there head across the railway line (across the level crossing at Mortlake station) and up the hill to the Sheen Gate of Richmond Park. From the Sheen Gate you have a choice of routes - either directly ahead and over a short sharp hill onto a road that will take you directly to the Roehampton Gate and which is partially closed to traffic, or conversely around the edge of the park on the cycle track which is completely off roadbut would be a slightly longer route).

Have fun and enjoy London!

Leahyan 14 Oct 03:00  

Bike:

My Profile
Safe route Kensington to Richmond Park? Or will you miss the bus, fail to make the last train, and face a long walk through unfamiliar streets? In this blog post https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/gloria-kopp/essay-writing-payments_b_14793970.html I will go over the best ways to get from Kensington station to Richmond Park.

Debeorary 19 Nov 01:44  

Bike:

Safe route Kensington to Richmond Park? It's no longer a simple case of choosing the quickest route from Kensington to Richmond Park. The London Tube system has been reorganized, meaning your journey may take up to 45 minutes. We've created a https://pychedelichigh.com/psilocybe-cubensis-for-sale detailed comparison chart that shows you all of your options.

seomind 27 Nov 11:03  

Bike:

My Profile
I think I have never seen such blogs ever before that has complete things with all details which I want. So kindly update this ever for us. Scam Risk

seomind 27 Nov 11:07  

Bike:

My Profile
Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food likewise, Thanks. Scam Risk

seomind 27 Nov 11:11  

Bike:

My Profile
I adore your websites way of raising the awareness on your readers. Scam Risk

seomind 27 Nov 11:15  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. Scam Risk

seomind 27 Nov 11:21  

Bike:

My Profile
Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. Scam Risk

seomind 27 Nov 11:25  

Bike:

My Profile
It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commentators here! Scam Risk

mrseod 08 May 13:28  

Bike:

My Profile
Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. Enneagram 1w9

mrseod 08 May 13:32  

Bike:

My Profile
Thumbs up guys your doing a really good job. Enneagram 1w9

mrseod 08 May 13:38  

Bike:

My Profile
I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you... Enneagram 1w9

mrseod 08 May 13:41  

Bike:

My Profile
I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts. Enneagram 1w9

mrseod 08 May 13:52  

Bike:

My Profile
Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Enneagram 1w9

mrseod 08 May 13:55  

Bike:

My Profile
A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing the information, keep doing awesome... I truly delighted in investigating your site. great asset... Enneagram Type 2

mrseod 08 May 13:59  

Bike:

My Profile
I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic... Enneagram Type 2

mrseod 08 May 14:05  

Bike:

My Profile
Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing. this will help me so much in my learning Enneagram Type 2

mrseod 08 May 14:09  

Bike:

My Profile
i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. Enneagram Type 2

mrseod 08 May 14:14  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a great post. I like this topic.This site has lots of advantage.I found many interesting things from this site. It helps me in many ways.Thanks for posting this again. Enneagram Type 2

mrseod 21 Aug 11:02  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a fantastic website , thanks for sharing. BAM University

mrseod 21 Aug 11:14  

Bike:

My Profile
I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. BAM University

mrseod 21 Aug 11:18  

Bike:

My Profile
This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. BAM University

mrseod 21 Aug 11:20  

Bike:

My Profile
Always so interesting to visit your site.What a great info, thank you for sharing. this will help me so much in my learning BAM University

mrseod 21 Aug 11:25  

Bike:

My Profile
Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. BAM University

mrseod 21 Aug 11:30  

Bike:

My Profile
A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one. BAM University

mrseod 21 Aug 11:37  

Bike:

My Profile
wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. BAM University

mrseod 21 Aug 11:51  

Bike:

My Profile
I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged BAM University

mrseod 21 Aug 11:54  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi buddies, it is great written piece entirely defined, continue the good work constantly. BAM University

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.