We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

South West Coastal path advice

1 2 >
sam pig 03 Jun 12:09  

Bike:

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone could advise on the potential for cycling along the South West Coast path from Porthleven along to Mullion Cove down to the Lizard Point and then up to Coverack before heading inland to the Helford River where I intend to get the Ferry across and head back to Falmouth..

I am heading down to the area as part of my Research dissertation on tourism and am a forty "something" relatively fit individual with a folding Dahon multi-terrain bike but to be honest, the tyres are more aimed at commuting. I am wondering if it is feasible to use the coast path or should I head inland and use the A roads between destinations?

Perhaps I should invest in more suited tyres before committing? I have plenty of mapping and know the area quite well from family holidays but do not want to get caught out and suddenly feel ill prepared particularly on one day which will include a cycle from Falmouth to Helston (A and B roads) and then down to Porthleven and pretty much around the whole of the Lizard Peninsula (prob about 60 mile day over varying terrain)

Any local knowledge would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

JP

CoastPathchap 04 Jun 06:11  

Bike:

Hi,
I know this bit of Coast Path well (and also have a Dahon), and you tried to cycle it, you'd end up pushing / carrying your bike most of the way. In lots of places the path is narrow and uneven, with lots of steps.
You'd be much better off either using the National Cycle network routes - see http://www.sustrans.org.uk/sustrans-near-you/south-west/cornwall or sticking to the minor lanes.
Assuming you stay on road / cycle routes I think sticking with your commuting tyres would be best. More nobbly off-road tyres have much drag / rolling resistance and will slow you down.
Have fun,
Mark

seomind 20 Nov 06:55  

Bike:

My Profile
We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work scam risk

seomind 20 Nov 06:58  

Bike:

My Profile
Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food additionally, Thanks. scam risk

seomind 20 Nov 07:01  

Bike:

My Profile
I would also motivate just about every person to save this web page for any favorite assistance to assist posted the appearance. scam risk

seomind 21 Nov 05:34  

Bike:

My Profile
Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Scam Risk

seomind 21 Nov 05:38  

Bike:

My Profile
I have to search sites with relevant information on given topic and provide them to teacher our opinion and the article. Scam Risk

seomind 21 Nov 05:41  

Bike:

My Profile
Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return once more, Im taking your food likewise, Thanks. Scam Risk

seomind 21 Nov 05:44  

Bike:

My Profile
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Scam Risk

seomind 21 Nov 05:48  

Bike:

My Profile
wow... what a great blog, this writter who wrote this article it's realy a great blogger, this article so inspiring me to be a better person Scam Risk

seomind 21 Nov 05:52  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, I log on to your new stuff like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep it up Scam Risk

mrseod 18 Apr 15:49  

Bike:

My Profile
Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more. Jeff Brown Reviews

mrseod 18 Apr 15:52  

Bike:

My Profile
I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more. Jeff Brown Reviews

mrseod 18 Apr 15:54  

Bike:

My Profile
It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it! Jeff Brown Reviews

mrseod 18 Apr 15:59  

Bike:

My Profile
Two full thumbs up for this magneficent article of yours. I've really enjoyed reading this article today and I think this might be one of the best article that I've read yet. Please, keep this work going on in the same quality. SELLOSITY REVIEW

mrseod 18 Apr 16:01  

Bike:

My Profile
Cool stuff you have and you keep overhaul every one of us SELLOSITY REVIEW

mrseod 18 Apr 16:02  

Bike:

My Profile
Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. SELLOSITY REVIEW

mrseod 18 Apr 16:03  

Bike:

My Profile
I read your post and I found it amazing! thank! InboxDollars Review

mrseod 18 Apr 16:05  

Bike:

My Profile
As a seller of legal steroids, you can buy Crazy Bulk products, explore stacks and finally get the body you’ve always wanted InboxDollars Review

mrseod 18 Apr 16:07  

Bike:

My Profile
I surely acquiring more difficulties from each surprisingly more little bit of it InboxDollars Review

mrseod 18 Apr 16:08  

Bike:

My Profile
This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... MLM Gateway Reviews

mrseod 26 Jun 06:56  

Bike:

My Profile
This is really very nice post you shared, i like the post, thanks for sharing.. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jun 07:06  

Bike:

My Profile
This website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up! BAM University

mrseod 26 Jun 07:10  

Bike:

My Profile
This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this.. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jun 07:14  

Bike:

My Profile
I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jun 07:18  

Bike:

My Profile
Going to graduate school was a positive decision for me. I enjoyed the coursework, the presentations, the fellow students, and the professors. And since my company reimbursed 100% of the tuition, the only cost that I had to pay on my own was for books and supplies. Otherwise, I received a free master’s degree. All that I had to invest was my time. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jun 07:22  

Bike:

My Profile
I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jun 07:28  

Bike:

My Profile
This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post. BAM University

mrseod 26 Jun 07:32  

Bike:

My Profile
The blog and data is excellent and informative as well BAM University

mrseod 26 Jun 07:35  

Bike:

My Profile
I would also motivate just about every person to save this web page for any favorite assistance to assist posted the appearance. BAM University

12>

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.