We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Derby rides?

Robeesalmon 01 Feb 08:07  

Bike:

Anybody know where there are trails through forests, woods, etc in Derby or near?

sgnm5 01 Feb 13:00  

Bike:

My Profile
I would definetly recommend the Tissingington trail and the High Peak Trail. Bothy are quite lengthy, roughly 15 miles each in one direction and take you through beautiful, scenic areas of the Peak District. In the summer both rides are particulary pleasant, wouldnt recommend in the winter as there is no consistant forest areas, rather rolling hills and a few inclines on the High Peak Trail. Honestly these are two good rides, check up on them by putting them in google

FireUpTheQuattro 11 May 15:36  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi Robeesalmon

I live not too far from Derby myself (Swad), and I recommend the Cloud Trail. This is the National Cycle Route 6. It's 13 miles - all off road and flat. I started at Worthington and followed the trail through Tonge, Wilson, Melbourne, King's Newton up over the Trent near Weston and through to Swarkestone Lock. From here it goes under the A50 past the Bonnie Prince, around Chellaston and Shelton Lock, Alvaston and across Pride Park into Derby Centre at Derwent Street near the council house. If you live in Derby itself you could do this the opposite way.

Enjoy!

My Latest Route: May 2010 Swadlingcotes to Grangewood Loop

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.