We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Ebikes and SatNavs on Gadget Show

mattk 25 Aug 05:37  

Bike:

My Profile
Did anyone see the product tests on Gadget Show last night? They were testing some Ebikes (electrically assisted) including the A2B Metro (£1998), Cytronex Cannondale Synapse (£1950) and Ezee Forza (£1495)

The A2B Metro looked really cool and seemed to go down well with the presenters. The front suspension forks looked great and the chunky tyres, squat wheels and disc brakes made it appear like it meant business.

Although they didn't fully test it the Cytronex Cannondale Synapse looked interesting. They have cleverly disguised the battery in place of a water bottle so that you don't feel like a whimp when someone notices you're not doing all the work yourself.

They did test the Ezee Forza, but TBH I was too distracted by the A2B's good looks to notice how well it did in the test... sorry! Maybe it just wasn't exciting enough...?

They were also testing SatNavs including TomTom One IQ (£119), TomTom Rider Europe (£332), Nivigon 7310 (£312), HTC Magic Mobile Phone (£369)

I personally think the TT One is really good value but I guess it is directed towards drivers rather than riders which is probably why they decided not to test it.

The HTC Magic Phone didn't really cut the mustard as it didn't have a voice so you had to constantly look at the screen for directions - therefore wasn't tested.

The Navigon 7310 was pants, but it did display 3D buildings and landscapes which is quite innovative I guess.

The Tom Tom Rider came out tops though, because it's designed for motor cyclists it has a sun canopy and the mapping and user interface was by far the easiest.

Just thought I'd share these with you to tempt or discourage...

Matt

My Latest Route: Feb 2010 National Cycle Network 15 NCN
cycle route 08 Aug 07:18  

Bike:

My Profile
“I love the range of sports gear available at Repelis24.” repelis

cycle route 20 Sep 07:29  

Bike:

My Profile
You produced some decent points there. I looked on the net to the issue and discovered most people goes together with along with your website. Slot Malam Ini

todac39760 24 Sep 10:11  

Bike:

My Profile
Betpark rewards loyal customers through its VIP and loyalty programs. Betpark

penduu 17 Oct 08:31  

Bike:

My Profile
Whoa! that information has been fairly effective thank you. “Instead of loving your enemies, treat your friends a little better.” by Edgar Watson Howe.. f8 bet

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.