We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

LeJog

Tex Gore 02 Jan 08:49  

Bike:

Aye Up,

I've been a keen hiker, and sometime Triathlete for a number of years now. I've always hated the running, and am responsible for the huge reduction of many lakes owing to my special technique of swim-swallow-drowning, therefore it seemed obvious to start concentrating more on the cycling as I do enjoy this.

As such, and hoping that my Tri bike is up to the task (it's a roadbike, a Planet-x Carbon Pro Dura or something I think) I'm in training for LeJog which we have planned for September in aid of a couple of charities close to our histories. Weather may be a consideration, but let's be honest what's certain about times and seasons wrt UK weather these days?

Anyway, we're in planning and training phase right now. We are hoping to get it done in 10-days (cylcing time, not including getting there and back) and if anyone has any sage advice I'm a promiscuous listener. I'm also in the most enjoyable stage of 'buying stuff'.

Two questions right now are around lugging gear and clothing. I have clothing, but it's stuff I've only ever used for day outings and I'm not sure its up to a multi-day activity like this. Knowing (as I do) the incredible increase in strain of a multi-day compared to a single day (I've one stuff like the Coast to Coast on foot) I'm keen to ensure I get the right equipment. On the lugging front, I've been advised that as the bike is carbon it might not take a traditional pannier rack. As such, a rucksack was suggested. Are these are safe and comfortable option? I'm sure I read somewhere that a rucksack can increase the chances of neck injury? Is this true?

Answers to that, and advice on anything else is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Tex

SadiqSabir 20 Aug 11:44  

Bike:

My Profile
I’m any regarding a lot of the content, My partner and i totally savored, I might actually favor a lot more info relating to this kind of, considering that it really is great., Congrats designed for submitting. puerto morelos mexico

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.