We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Tyre size

benstewe 31 Aug 11:02  

Bike:

My Profile
help please i use a 700.35 as my front tyre & a 700.42 on the back is there any reason i should not do this i ride a hybrid bike & find it ok but is it a bad thing ?

BusterG 03 Sep 10:34  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi
No real reason not to.
Having a skinnier wheel on the front is OK.
If you feel the drag to drive ratio of a fatter tyre on the back is justified for the surface you normally ride on then go for it.
Cycling for me is about fun and maintining my fitness. So a bit of drag is a good thing coz I will need to work harder to get home.

I know plenty of guys who use different tyres front and back that is usually based around the conditions of the trails they usually ride.

I am interested in your reason for the different tyres. Where they the last 2 in the shop or is there some cunning science behind it all?

Later

My Latest Route: Oct 2013 Liss

benstewe 04 Sep 16:46  

Bike:

My Profile
reasons one is weight i usually have tent sleeping bag & of for a few days as often as poss
feel it makes me more stable on forest tracks etc
i dont want to be the fastest on the roads i feel i have more control with my back tyre bigger than the front
letting some air out the back tyre gives me a little more control in the dirt but i try keep away from a mtb sort of track
i also change too 700/32 if i am on the road for a long time with no weight both tyres just wonder if anyone else does such thing,s

andrews87 15 Jul 07:48  

Bike:

My Profile
Tyre size refers to the specific measurements that indicate the dimensions of a tyre. It is typically represented as a series of numbers and letters,tyre rotation service such as "205/55 R16." These numbers denote the tyre's width, aspect ratio (height to width), construction type (radial), and rim diameter. Choosing the correct tyre size is crucial for ensuring compatibility with your vehicle and maintaining optimal performance and safety.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.