We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Bike GPS

sgnm5 10 Mar 12:27  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi, does anybody have any suggestions for a bike GPS? I have been looking through every shop online and have created a shortlist comprimising off a:
My Guide 3100
Tom Tom Rider
Garmin Edge 500
These seemed the most appropriate and value for money, as I desire a system that can plan a route avoiding major roads all the way from Chesterfield, Derbyshire to bangor, North Wales which has voice command and a relatively large screen that directs me easily.
Does anybody have a GPS for there bike or are there any better GPS systems that I havent mentioned, which is the most suitable on the market? Thankyou

andrewlee1 10 Mar 13:46  

Bike:

How about the Memory Map Adventurer? Or their iPhone App good deals with lots of OS mapping. For planning a route use an OS route planning map - they show relief and almost all roads in the UK with huge areas on each sheet - memory map uses OS mapping. Why et a machine plan your route? if you need to use Google Maps or brows Cycle route for suggestions. going through north wales the A5 was built for horse travel and therefore has maximum gradients throughout its length. It can be busy but the alternatives are high moorland routes which are quiet, strenuous but rewarding. I always feel that a good deal of the fun is pouring over maps for weeks on end. Google maps allows you to plan and share routes. See also the CTC site.

Enjoy your ride!

sgnm5 12 Mar 07:16  

Bike:

My Profile
Thanks alot, I think I need to purchase an OS map then! The A5 is a definite option but I like the sound of going into the middle of nowhere and up hills down little lanes. The Memory Map Adventurer does look rather good can you actually plan your route on there then? Thankyou for your reply.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.