We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

Old Bike New Gear

acrobin 17 Sep 05:44  

Bike:

I am coming back to cycling after a long break (I was mainly rowing), so my bike is a little out of date but a good bike in its day.

I want to keep using it as was made to measure, but was designed in the days of 6 speed blocks and Campag was king. Gear shift is by two down tube levers and indexed gears did not exist - I am still running sprints and tubs!
So:
I snapped my crank on my Campag Record (lasted well but now gone); I will replace this easy enough and have been told Dura Ace is the best now.

Is there any way of changing to using the levers for changing gear?
I can get a set of levers of the right design and set-up the derailleur to not extend beyond the two extremes; but I cannot fit a new block due to the frame design so will the levers be able to change gear?

I know levers are indexed to 9 or 10 speed rear blocks, but could they be used or adapted to work for an old style 5/6 speed block?

Why do you need so many gears these days? cadence I suppose.

TomiChpak 16 Apr 03:09  

Bike:

My Profile
Hi friends, I would like to recommend you a website for downloading MP3 audio format from YouTube https://getmp3.one. Whether I need MP3 for my music player or MP4 for my video collection, GetMP3 has everything I need. It's nice to know that I can get exactly the format I need with just a few clicks.

sonajoe 21 Apr 00:02  

Bike:

It celebrates the timeless charm of vintage bicycles revitalized with modern upgrades. From sleek gears to vibrant paint jobs, these discoid lupus refurbished bikes blend nostalgia with innovation, offering a unique riding experience. Rediscover the joy of cycling with "Old Bike New Gear" and embrace the best of both worlds.

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.