We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close

great glen way

jd 05 May 06:24  

Bike:

My Profile
I hope to do this next year can any one suggest best bike ie mtb or hybird with off road tyres

kennym66 05 May 07:38  

Bike:

It depends what your route is.

If you are following the actual Great Glen Way that is waymarked then I would suggest MTB.

Some friends and I completed it this weekend and the section from Inverness to Fort Augustus follows some tough terrain so you would be best on a MTB. From Fort Augustus to Fort William is much easier and you could get away with a hybrid.

jd 14 May 14:09  

Bike:

My Profile
i did think that thanks

txbnet 14 May 17:41  

Bike:

My Profile
I did Crianlarich SYHA to Loch Ness SYHA(Glenmoriston) as part of Lejog all on road including Fort William for lunch. I used a hybrid and it was a really enjoyable day. Any traffic around gave plenty of space when passing and the scenery was stunning. It was one of the best days of the trip.

My Latest Route: Jan 2011 Whitley Bay to Bellingham

Barrymac 21 Aug 03:41  

Bike:

My Profile
MTB I'd say. I've hiked this route and i reckon a hynrid might struggle with its thinner wheels at some points

My Latest Route: Sep 2011 Lhanbryde to Rothes Loop

jd 21 Aug 10:57  

Bike:

My Profile
thanks for your help

Announcement

Find the latest cycle gear and who sells them within the UK. Share the experience you have with a product with others to help them make an informed choice.